Discussion: Photo problemsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

AtlanticOcean
Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 2:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 2:07 AM EDT
Recently I've had problems, photos won't be added at all. I try re-open the browser, I try to close the small window thing that comes when you add a photo. Nothing works and it does not want to add my photos, not even avatars. Is this some problem with wetpaint?
Seeming as when I tried to add my avatar here it gave me an error and I tried again it gave me a real error message that there were a problem finding the page, not from the browser but from wetpaint.
Do you find this valuable?    
joebloggscity
joebloggscity
1. RE: Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 8:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 8:46 AM EDT
x2 We're having these problems also, anyone please able to help.... Do you find this valuable?    
Naru2008
Naru2008
2. RE: Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 11:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 11:24 AM EDT
Be sure to search our forums next time you come across an issue to see if it has been reported lately:
http://www.wetpaintcentral.com/pageReport/updatedThreads

You can also use the 'Search This Site' box to find answers and suggestions to questions and issues in the past.

Please refer to this thread for information:
http://www.wetpaintcentral.com/thread/5038829/not+able+to+add+photos

-Clay
Do you find this valuable?    

AtlanticOcean
3. RE: Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 12:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
I read up on that thread but didn't exactly get any smarter, everyone on the site I help moderate is experiencing the same problems and our members are getting somewhat frustrated with this. I also looked through the recently updated threads but didn't find much about it. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CryingDove
CryingDove
4. RE: Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 12:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 12:55 PM EDT
On August 24th I pointed out issues dealing with the image server at location 216.168.54.9. That Wetpaint would need to look into the access times of this server. It would appear that the server is now in a failing mode. It is my contention that this server when dealing with the different types of images the user places on their wiki is simply timing out on some actions and hence images are not stored. If needed I can run my extensive tests again and capture the client side request times, along with time to first byte and overall completion of the requests if needed. I have no idea on who to present this information in order to get a resolve. But I would imagine the problem will have to be lived with until it totally fails.

The same goes for the "welcome announcement meta data" slowing down our wikis immensely. Oh Well.

2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

AtlanticOcean
5. RE: Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Ah thanks for answers! :) Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
6. RE: Photo problems
Oct 31 2012, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 31 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
The problem is no better. Sometimes the toolbar won't even open up..it freezes before you even get to press the photo button. I can't change my icon pictures either. Anyone else? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
joebloggscity
joebloggscity
7. RE: Photo problems
Nov 1 2012, 12:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 1 2012, 12:38 AM EDT
Thx for all replies, please note I didn't see the other thread.... so apologies for that.

Else, wetpaint is sadly becoming a slow death... I've been on it since the beginnign and its very sad to see the support collapsing from wetpaint for what was (and in many ways still is) a fantastic platform.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)