Discussion: not able to add photosReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 50  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next

blubird64
not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 3:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 3:39 PM EDT
its not allowing me to add photos from pc why is that 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)
Naru2008
Naru2008
1. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Hi blubird64,

This seems to be a recent issue. I am guessing you're trying to add them into an album from your PC? I have no issues when I add a Photo to a wiki's Photo Gallery, then create an Album, and add the photo(s) to the album from the collection seen in the Photo Gallery. Try doing that and see if it will work for you.

-Clay
Do you find this valuable?    

Grand_Tybiss
2. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:13 PM EDT
I think blubird64 is talking about the recent issue that people have been having uploading images under 500kb for their user icons/ avatars. I've had a lot of people complaining about that on my site, and it's happened to me, too. I tried uploading the image almost ten times before it finally worked. Blubird64 could be experiencing the same issue, seeing that he/she has no user icon/ avatar yet for his/her profile. Do you find this valuable?    

blubird64
3. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Hi Naru2008 No im not trying to add to album just photo gallery, Its not allowing me to add any photo from my own computer at all. Do you find this valuable?    
Libb-Thims
Libb-Thims
4. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Yes, I've been having the same problem (growingly today), and possibly for the last few days. You try to upload from your computer and you get the red error message. If you start shutting different photo connected things down, e.g. PicMonkey, Windows, etc., tabs, its seems to work again; but the issue is increasing, to the point that you have to shut down everything and reload the browser (twice or more) to get the photo in. I hope this isn't some growing Wetpaint bug?

P.S. and it's not just photo gallery issues. It's uploading an image into a wiki page.

Grand_Tybiss
5. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Oooh.... I spoke too soon, then. Naru can explain these things better than I can, since he's a WPC admin. ;) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

blubird64
6. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Thanks I'll keep trying my members are having the same problem I'm trying to find out why its happening my website it has only just started this problem, i thought maybe wetpaint has been an up date some how. Do you find this valuable?    
Naru2008
Naru2008
7. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:18 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I tried to recreate this issue with multiple 'testing' albums, as I haven't had to add photos from my computer for a while, and no one had reported this issue on here before, so if it is a growing issue, it needs to be reported more.

On the first one, it took me at least 2 selections (of the same photo) before it would actually load to 100% and add it to the album. When it did, it only added one. I am guessing it didn't recognize the first queue made, but did the others after.

On my second testing album, I added 4 different photos into the queue to be placed in the blank album. The first one was not recognized, but the 3 after it were, so they were accepted and ready to be added.

On my third testing album, I added only one photo to the queue. It added it to the queue, loaded to 100% and then added it to the blank album.

This is a strange issue, in my opinion. You can try what I did above, and add more than one of the same photo to the queue, or you can add a Photo to a wiki's Photo Gallery, then create an Album, and add the photo(s) to the album from the collection seen in the Photo Gallery, if your issue is with adding photos to an album, like Bellswebster's issue with this was with the albums.

I will add this to the system me and Vanessa have created for issues/requests and see if there is anything that can be done, and if there is, until then, my methods above will do for a work-around.

-Clay

Grand_Tybiss
8. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
"Yes, I've been having the same problem (growingly today), and possibly for the last few days. You try to upload from your computer and you get the red error message. If you start shutting different photo connected things down, e.g. PicMonkey, Windows, etc., tabs, its seems to work again; but the issue is increasing, to the point that you have to shut down everything and reload the browser (twice or more) to get the photo in. I hope this isn't some growing Wetpaint bug?"
Are you using the latest updated version of Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 8.0? It's happened to me on both web browers.

blubird64
9. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:19 PM EDT
yes thats what im getting too Do you find this valuable?    

blubird64
10. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:21 PM EDT
yes using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox Do you find this valuable?    

blubird64
11. RE: not able to add photos
Oct 29 2012, 4:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2012, 4:38 PM EDT
Thanks guys i was able to create an album and load photo to the album but not one photo in gallery on its own Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
12. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 2:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 2:14 AM EDT
Perhaps a review of the updates for Abode Flash Player may help. This appears to becoming a problem for many members. Do you find this valuable?    
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
13. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 2:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 2:57 AM EDT
I can't upload any images from my Laptop or PC to my website either to albums, the gallery or individually to pages. I have had this problem since yesterday where i had trouble but could upload some, but now can't upload any. Will try updating Adobe, but i think i just did recently Do you find this valuable?    
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
14. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 2:59 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 2:59 AM EDT
"I can't upload any images from my Laptop or PC to my website either to albums, the gallery or individually to pages. I have had this problem since yesterday where i had trouble but could upload some, but now can't upload any. Will try updating Adobe, but i think i just did recently"
I have tried uploading various sized images including quite small ones which wont upload
gsrbritfan
gsrbritfan
15. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 3:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 3:00 AM EDT
"I have tried uploading various sized images including quite small ones which wont upload"
I have tried on the latest version of Firefox, & Google Chrome & neither works
SuperZu
SuperZu
16. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 6:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 6:11 AM EDT
I am having the same issues (for about 2 weeks now), as are other mods on my site. We often get an error message that says "an error occurred while attempting to upload your photo." The one time I created an album, I had no issues, but uploading single photos is a crap shoot at best. It seems to be getting worse. Any light at the end of this tunnel? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CryingDove
CryingDove
17. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 7:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 7:55 AM EDT
PINTEREST? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SuperZu
SuperZu
18. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 8:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 8:17 AM EDT
"PINTEREST?"
???
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
CryingDove
CryingDove
19. RE: not able to add photos
Nov 2 2012, 9:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 2 2012, 9:18 AM EDT
"???"
If Wetpaint is looking here, they will know what I am talking about.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next