Sign in or
Trouble getting signed in?Signing into a WikiFoundry site requires two pieces of information - your username and your password. If you enter either one (or both!) of these items incorrectly you will see the following message in red letters:
"We could not find an account with the username and password you provided."
What to do:
- Check to make sure you are entering the correct username. Look at the "Members" list on your site or check the confirmation email we sent you when you created your site (you always keep those, right?). If you are unable to find your username (or it's a private site) follow the instructions below to reset your password.
You don't need to know your username if you use the password reset process.
Note: If you forgot your username, go ahead and use the password reset process to get signed in as well. You can enter the same password you were using before when you get to the "enter a new password" step. When you complete the process you will be signed in and your username will be shown on the page.
- If your username is correct then the only other option is that your password is wrong. You can reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link on the sign in page. It will prompt you for the e-mail address you used to register your account and send you a link to change your password.
Password Reset Process
- Click on "Sign in"
- You'll see the Sign in page appear. Click on the "Forgot your password?" link.
- The "Reset Password" page will appear. Enter the email address associated with the account you need to reset your password for and click on the "Send Password" button.
- Within a few minutes you should receive an email message from WikiFoundry. Click on the link in the email, or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar.
- You should be taken to a page on the site that asks you to enter a new password. Enter the password you want to use for your account and click on the "Set Password" button. You should be signed into your account immediately.
Still doesn't work?If you successfully reset your password and cannot sign in, then try signing in to a different WikiFoundry site, such as WikiFoundry Central, with the same account user name and password. If you are able to sign in, then you were probably banned.
I can't sign in to any WikiFoundry site!If you are using WikiFoundry from a school or office, ask your information technology department to add "login.wikifoundry.com" as a firewall exception.
Q. Every time I sign in I have to reset my password. What's going on?
A. You are most likely entering the wrong username. Make sure you're entering the correct username as shown in #1 above.
Q. I'm trying to reset my password but I never receive the email. What should I do?
A. First, make sure you are entering the email address that you originally used when you registered your account. Also, try adding "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your safe list so that it does not get filtered out as a spam message.
What is a good, secure password?Your password should include:
- both upper and lowercase letters Z, b, C, r, E, etc.
- some numbers - 4, 5, 7, 9, 2, etc.
- some non alpha-numeric characters like #,$,%,^,&,*, etc.
Latest page update: made by CaptainSpaz
, Aug 14 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by CaptainSpaz
10 words added
8 words deleted
4 images added
4 images deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page