Sign in or
Trouble getting signed in?Signing into a WikiFoundry site requires two pieces of information - your username and your password. If you enter either one (or both!) of these items incorrectly you will see the following message in red letters:
"We could not find an account with the username and password you provided."
What to do:
- Check to make sure you are entering the correct username. Look at the "Members" list on your site or check the confirmation email we sent you when you created your site (you always keep those, right?). If you are unable to find your username (or it's a private site) follow the instructions below to reset your password.
You don't need to know your username if you use the password reset process.
Note: If you forgot your username, go ahead and use the password reset process to get signed in as well. You can enter the same password you were using before when you get to the "enter a new password" step. When you complete the process you will be signed in and your username will be shown on the page.
- If your username is correct then the only other option is that your password is wrong. You can reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link on the sign in page. It will prompt you for the e-mail address you used to register your account and send you a link to change your password.
Password Reset Process
- Click on "Sign in"
- You'll see the Sign in page appear. Click on the "Forgot your password?" link.
- The "Reset Password" page will appear. Enter the email address associated with the account you need to reset your password for and click on the "Send Password" button.
- Within a few minutes you should receive an email message from WikiFoundry. Click on the link in the email, or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar.
- You should be taken to a page on the site that asks you to enter a new password. Enter the password you want to use for your account and click on the "Set Password" button. You should be signed into your account immediately.
Still doesn't work?If you successfully reset your password and cannot sign in, then try signing in to a different WikiFoundry site, such as WikiFoundry Central, with the same account user name and password. If you are able to sign in, then you were probably banned.
I can't sign in to any WikiFoundry site!If you are using WikiFoundry from a school or office, ask your information technology department to add "login.wikifoundry.com" as a firewall exception.
Q. Every time I sign in I have to reset my password. What's going on?
A. You are most likely entering the wrong username. Make sure you're entering the correct username as shown in #1 above.
Q. I'm trying to reset my password but I never receive the email. What should I do?
A. First, make sure you are entering the email address that you originally used when you registered your account. Also, try adding "email@example.com" to your safe list so that it does not get filtered out as a spam message.
What is a good, secure password?Your password should include:
- both upper and lowercase letters Z, b, C, r, E, etc.
- some numbers - 4, 5, 7, 9, 2, etc.
- some non alpha-numeric characters like #,$,%,^,&,*, etc.
Latest page update: made by CaptainSpaz
, Aug 14 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by CaptainSpaz
10 words added
8 words deleted
4 images added
4 images deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|valmay||Cannot sign in||6||Apr 19 2014, 7:03 PM EDT by McDonald's1|
Thread started: Sep 26 2013, 9:37 PM EDT Watch
I have been unable to sign into my page since the change to Wiki. I KNOW I am using my correct name and password. NONE of the members of my page have been able to sign in, and are very frustrated! When will Wikifoundry have this fixed?
|Anonymous||I can't reset my password||1||Mar 17 2014, 4:17 PM EDT by Naru2008|
Thread started: Mar 17 2014, 2:54 PM EDT Watch
I've been trying to log into my own site, as well as other sites I belong to, including this one, but I need to reset the password because I'm apparently not remembering the one I had. So I go through the reset process, using the correct email. I get the message in my inbox, click the link, and fill in the new password. When I click to save, I get an error. So not only can I not access my site, or sign into others, I can't change my password. I tried about a month ago, gave up, and just tried again but I got the same error. Help? My account is Storm-Breaker.
|+SemperFerus+||Signing me in, but there's an issue....||4||Feb 24 2014, 1:42 AM EST by Naru2008|
Thread started: Feb 23 2014, 9:21 PM EST Watch
I have two wikifoundry sites that underwent the transfer from wetpaint.
I wasn't using them for a period of time during the transition, but since then I have been having trouble signing in.
However my problem with signing is that it's signing me in... but the only way I can describe it is that it's doing it... wrong.
You see my account name (as the creator of the site) is +SemperFerus+. And it recognizes my username and password and signs me in. But then I look at the profile name at the top of the page it just has SemperFerus without the + symbols. And thus it asks me if I want to join my own site even though it logged in using the symbols.
Last night after a frustrating amount of time trying to access both sites it would sometimes recognize the symbols and allow me in to edit things as a member/creator. But sometimes not. Since trying again tonight it is repeatedly changing the account name after signing in and not recognizing me as a member of my sites.
This is EXTREMELY frustrating and confusing.
Has anyone else been having issues like this? Is there anyway to solve it until the other bugs with signing in that other people seem to be having get worked out?
Showing 3 of 15 threads for this page - view all