What is a Bug?
-Please read everything listed below before reporting a bug.-
|A bug is typically some kind of glitch, flaw, or error in the code that causes an outcome that is different than what is intended by the software design. This basically just means that something is not working the way it was designed to. Keep in mind that a bug is not the same thing as a virus despite the similarity in medical terminology. Avoid leaving comments that that don't include all the information listed below.|
What to DoIf you've received an "Oops!" bug page, please try clearing your browser cookies before reporting a bug here. Instructions on clearing your browser cookies can be found on our Browser Support page.
Here are an example of one "Oops!" Page:
-If you're having trouble with the content of a particular wiki, that's something to take up with the Moderators of that wiki. Wetpaint cannot control content or comments created by other users. The comments on this page are reviewed daily. While we try to be responsive in a timely manner, we don't comment on future release dates, and it may take us several days to respond to an issue. Including appropriate information makes it possible for us to review the problem - without this information it's really hard to help!
- Site creation process interrupted. Try reloading the page.
- Message pops up "We're sorry, an error occurred." Click OK and ignore the message.
- Widget can't be added. Make sure you are using a flash embed or an Iframe code.
- The Wetpaint Crew
Further ReadingHow to Report Bugs Effectively - by Simon Tatham
How to Report a BugPlease include the following information if reporting a bug:
And answer the following questions in your post:
- The URL of the site or page where you encountered the problem.
- Your web browser and operating system you used when you discovered the bug.
- As much detail as possible (what, where, how, why, when?)
1. Please sign in if at all possible so we know who you are!
- What were you doing right before the problem?
- Describe what you saw when the problem happened.
- Describe any error messages you received.
- What were you expecting to happen?
2. Report bugs you've found by posting a new thread below.
Show us a screen capture
If you are able to take a screen capture that shows the problem, you can share it with us by adding to the User Reported Bugs photo album. Be sure to include your username, site info, and a description with the photo.